Astral GreenJacket Whitewater Rescue Jacket (PFD) L-XL
THIS IS THE JACKET FOR WHITEWATER GUIDES & RIVER RESCUE PROFESSIONALS - ANYTHING ELSE WOULD BE JUST PLAIN FOOLISH
Astral hit the nail on the head when it created the Astral GreenJacket Personal Flotation Device. This is a PFD for whitewater professionals and professional river rescuers, and it oozes with toughness and utilitarian purpose down to the tiniest detail.
The front panel features a large, clamshell-style opening that can hold a rescue rope, there's a quick-release harness built into the side, a tow system on the back, a Spectra safety loop for emergency extractions, and the list goes on.
Astral's designers even worked in their unique Tectonic foam panel system that uses a static panel at the chest and a dynamic, floating panel at the torso where you need mobility to paddle. Sure, you could find a lighter weight PFD option for the river, and maybe even one that's designed for rescuers, but you won't find another with the laundry list of forward-thinking safety features touted by the GreenJacket.
- Freestyle Tectonics buoyancy system uses a dynamic foam plate that allows for mobility at the torso & a static foam plate that guarantees that the chest will always be above water.
- Foam plates are reinforced with lightweight plastic for protection against rocks & debris in the river.
- Pullover entry ensures ultimate security by eliminating a zipper opening that could bust open or break.
- Front panel is large enough to store a rope & features a clamshell opening with five pockets inside.
- Spectra safety loop provides an attachment point for a rope during emergency river extractions.
- Carabiner Park allows you to utilize a web toe or tow cord for boat or paddler recoveries.
- Two side cargo pockets with zip closures for small gear.
- Front lash tab for attaching a rescue knife or strobe.
- Quick-release rescue harness tack-stitched into vest, rated to 540kg.
- Built-in fleece hand-warmer.
USCG Type: Type V (rescue vest)
Flotation / Buoyancy: 7kg lift (15.5lb)
Tow Compatibility: yes
Pockets: (front, clamshell opening) 5 internal, 2 side cargo
Recommended Use: whitewater rescue, kayaking, rafting
Manufacturer Warranty: limited lifetime
Bottom Line: "The Astral GreenJacket sets the standard for whitewater pro's. It combines full rescue capabilities with the comfort, protection and style of today's best low-profile Type V rescue PFD jackets. All our river guides wear these!" (Andrew Stuart - whitewater rafting guide - Frankland, Deep, Murray, Blackwood & Collie Rivers in WA)
L - XL: Chest Size 114 - 130cm (45" to 51")
* Other sizes in this product may be available upon request, however other sizes come over from the USA and can take between 14 - 21 days to arrive.
OUR PRICE: $365.95*
* Our price includes FREE standard shipping Australia wide
*Photography and Editing by Spencer Cooke http://effort.tv Vince from Appomattox River Company reviews the Astral Sea Wolf PFD and the Astral GreenJacket PFD. Check them out online here: http://www.paddleva.com/shop/all/astral-buoyancy/ http://www.paddleva.com/shop/all/astral-buoyancy/
Astral Sea Wol...*Photography and Editing by Spencer Cooke http://effort.tv Vin...
How To: Remove...Learn how to quickly and safely remove a rescue knife sheath f...
Stock Your PFD...A few small items and a bit of training can go a long way. Che...