Being Adventurous: an Everyday Learning Series title (an e-Book)
by Neville Dwyer, 32 pages (2013)
Young adventurers and enquiring minds are nurtured from the early years, they are encouraged to keep trying, never rescued but expected to go further, to seek new ways of thinking and doing things. Adventurers are encouraged to be dreamers, to think of what is possible, to challenge what is known and unknown. Being adventurous provides advice, tips and ideas to help your children feel comfortable and confident in adventurous outdoor play.
Being adventurous provides advice, tips and ideas to help your children feel comfortable and confident in adventurous outdoor play. Chapters cover such topics as:
- Risk v’s hazard
- Safety first
- Motivating dreamers & adventurers
- Giving children freedom
- How to create opportunities for children
- Adding to the outdoor environment
- Supporting adventurous play
- What's the risk if children are not given the opportunity to be adventurous?
The author brings decades of experience as an early childhood teacher, working in the service since 1986, he is passionate about providing natural environments for children and developing opportunities for children to engage in ‘adventurous play’, children and technology and providing families with the best support as they raise their children.
Our e-Price: $12.95*
* This is an automated e-Book response - if you have any difficulties with your download, e-mail us directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org