The North Face Green Kazoo Down Sleeping Bag (Regular) + DVD
An ultralight bag with premium, water-resistant down warmth
The Green Kazoo down sleeping bag will delight ultralight backpackers and three-season campers alike. It offers toasty warmth for cold autumn, spring, or mild winter nights, while weighing in under 1.4 kilos (Regular size).
You get all the benefits of goose down insulation: excellent warmth at a low weight, easy compressibility for stuffing in a pack, and durable loft that will last a lifetime. But you don't need to panic if the down gets wet ― the Green Kazoo's ProDown insulation is treated to be water-repellent and quick-drying so it continues to perform if you're not out in perfectly dry conditions.
The super-lightweight yet durable nylon rip-stop face fabric and smooth taffeta lining are also water-repellent to protect both you and the bag from heat-robbing moisture. Built-in pads are placed at areas where your body makes the most contact with the ground, and are filled with anti-compression Climashield synthetic insulation for added warmth underneath you. A draft collar helps keep your body warmth in and the cool night air out.
The Green Kazoo's mummy shape and fitted hood keeps bulk and weight to a minimum, and optimizes warmth inside the bag and around your head. A vaulted foot box offers roomy vertical space for your feet so they don't feel trapped in place. The bag is outfitted with a convenient, non-snagging two-way zipper (nice if you're using the bag in warmer conditions and would love some fresh air around your feet), and the zipper pull glows in the dark to make unzipping in the dark less of a hassle. To keep the bag from sliding all over the place (and off) your sleeping pad, it includes sleeping pad attachment loops.
- Rated to -15 degrees Celsius (-18 degrees for the average man)
- 650+ fill ProDown insulation (water-resistant Hungarian grey goose down)
- Climashield HL insulation in compression areas on underside
- Mummy bag with vaulted foot box & fitted hood with drawcord
- Durable, lightweight nylon rip-stop face fabric with DWR finish
- Smooth nylon taffeta lining with DWR finish
- Draft collar & internal draft tube pocket keeps essentials within reach
- Two-way separating zippers with garage & anti-snag tape
- Glow-in-the-dark zipper pull
- Ground level side seams & shoulder-level zipper pocket
- 100% recycled materials, fill, mesh storage & compression stuff sack (included)
- Ultralight for weight-conscious backpackers
- Sleeping pad attachment loops & internal pocket
- Stuff sack & storage sack included
- Tested to EN 13537
Material: [face fabric] nylon ripstop, DWR finish, [lining] nylon taffeta, DWR finish
Insulation: 650-fill ProDown, Climashield HL
Shape: mummy Size: Regular
Draft Collar: yes
Zipper: right, left
Max User Height: [short] 5’6”, [regular] 6’, [long] 6’6”
Bag Length: [short] 71.5 in, [regular] 77.5 in, [long] 83.5 in
Temperature Rating (Celsius): -15 C
European Norm Comfort Rating: -6 F
European Norm Lower Limit Rating: -18 C
Stuff Sack/Storage Sack: yes / yes
Claimed Weight: [short] 1.260 kg, [regular] 1.355 kg, [long] 1.463 kg
Stuff Sack Size: 25.4 x 48.3 cm
Recommended Use: multi-day backpacking, mountaineering
Manufacturer Warranty: limited lifetime warranty
Bottom Line: “The Green Kazoo compresses down into a small stuff sack (included) for fitting inside your backpack, and when you get home, you can store it in the included larger storage sack.”
NOTE: The LONG (6’ 6”) as well as the SMALL (5' 6") bags are also available as a ‘Pre-Order’ item. Send us an e-mail to enquire of availability & expected delivery times.
Our Price $495.95* (Regular)
* Our prices include FREE standard shipping Australia wide